Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Skater dresses.....not just for the ice anymore

I remember being a little girl watching ice skating on the television.  The ladies were so graceful and seemed to float across the ice in their beautiful dresses.  I would then pretend to skate like them while alone in my room, and I would put on the closest thing I could find to the beautiful dresses worn by those female skaters.  I felt, if only for a moment, like I was really skating.  I was graceful and I was beautiful in my dress.

Now, cut to soooooo many years later.  I am still watching ice skating on the television.  I still look in awe at their beautiful dresses.  The only thing that has changed is I no longer pretend to skate around my room.  It's funny how growing up changes things like that.  

As luck for people like me would have it, one of the big fashion trends is now the skater dress.  Win!  Skater dresses come in as many varieties as skaters themselves.  They can be dressed up, dressed down, worn with sandals or boots.  They are pretty much the perfect dress!

They say a girl should always have a little black dress in her closet...this one from ASOS.com fits the bill pretty well.












Thinking ahead to the holiday season...this skater dress from loveculture.com will make you the hit of the party.

Pairing the skater dress trend with the houndstooth trend for fall, this dress from Lane Bryant is perfect for the office.  Throw on some jewelry and some boots to make this an easy conversion to evening.












When the fall weather turns chilly, stay warm and stylish with a knit skater dress from Macys.  

There you are ladies!  Snap up one of these great skater dresses and imagine yourself floating across the ice..or at least down the street....and You're Beautiful!  

No comments:

Post a Comment